Essential oils have been used successfully for many centuries as a natural method of oral care and for the treatment of dental diseases. In this article I will share with you my favorite recipes with essential oils for cavity pain, which will also help keeping your teeth and gums in excellent shape while relieving you of the pain without any unpleasant side effects.
Essential Oils For Cavity Pain: 5 Most Effective Blends and Application
1. Clove oil mix – Best Essential Oil For Cavity PainClove oil is, hands down, the best essential oil for getting rid of cavity pain toothache. This essential oil destroys the bacteria in the mouth, and is also a safe and quicker alternative to pain killing medication sold in pharmacies.
Add 2 drops of clove essential oil to 50 ml of water and rinse until the cavity pain goes away (do not exceed this dosage or you may experience numbness in your mouth).
2. Chamomile essential oil mix for cavity pain and gums inflammation
Studies show that chamomile oil is very effective in destroying germs in the oral cavity and it can also calm down gums inflammation.
Add 2 drops of chamomile essential oil to 50 ml of water and rinse 3-5 times per day.
3. Sage and Mint – Essential oil blend for cavity pain and stomatitis
Sage oil is another essential oil which, together with mint oil, is suitable for protection against dental diseases.
Add 3 drops of sage essential oil and 2 drops of mint essential oil to 50 ml of water. Use this mixture as a usual mouthwash every day.
This mixture will help you fight with gingivitis or stomatitis and any inflammations of the oral cavity
4. Eucalyptus blend for cavity pain and bleeding gums
With this powerful blend you can say goodbye to expensive dental appointments for cavity pain.
Add 5 drops of eucalyptus essential oil, 3 drops of lemon essential oil and 3 drops of mint essential oil to 50 ml of natural coconut oil. Rinse your mouth with a tablespoon of this mixture once a day for 5-15 minutes.
Coconut oil as a base has an inflammatory and soothing effect on the gums. Lemon oil reduces bleeding of the gums, has antiseptic effect and gently whitens the teeth. Mint gives freshness and eucalyptus oil inhibits carcinogenic oral bacteria such as Streptococcus mutans and Streptococcus sobrinus.
#5. Tea tree mix – Great essential oil for cavity pain and teeth whitening
Tea tree oil has recently become popular in bleaching of teeth enamel. It’s certainly the best among the natural methods of teeth whitening. It also has a beneficial effect on gums, has anti-inflammatory properties and disinfects the oral cavity.
First of all, brush your teeth with a toothpaste and rinse.
1. Apply 2-3 drops of the tea tree essential oil on a clean, wet toothbrush and thoroughly rub it on your teeth. The same can be done with a cotton pad
3. Add 4- 6 drops of tea tree oil to the 30 ml of water or your mouthwash. Use it as an usual mouthwash. It’s great for removing and preventing plaque.
These procedures can be carried out no more than 2 times a week.
Essential Oils For Cavity Pain: Conclusion
Cavity pain can be annoying and in some cases unbearable. I recommend you visit a professional at least twice a year to keep on top of your oral care and to prevent or cure tooth decay. But before you head over to the dentist for “drilling and filling” you might want to give the above essential oils a try. Not only essential oils like clove oil are universally recognized by the medical community itself as being great at reducing cavity pain. They can also help prevent further decay and promote optimal oral hygiene if applied regularly.
- Essential Oils for Ear Infections in Toddlers - February 21, 2020
- Essential Oils For Cavity Pain: Relief Without Side Effects - June 13, 2019
- Essential Oils For Dandruff – Best Homemade Remedies and Recipes - June 13, 2019